Super fast Broadband

Forums Linux News Local News Super fast Broadband

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    djrice

Not really Linux as such, but still interesting!

Have a see as to when you’re going to get fibre!

I should get it in the next few months :-O

OnLincolnshire

cheers

mrmappyinof
    Participant

Within the next month or so, the village I live in will get fibre optics, I’m generally quite excited for this, but we’ll just have to wait and see how fast it will be

buteman
    Participant

Well here on Bute we currently get 1 – 2 meg and not likely to get any improvement for several years, if ever. So glad I am moving back to Lincolnshire!

djrice

Where I am should get it by the end of this month (June 14) I’m only 200m from the cabinet so looking forward to speeds of upto 70mb/s – winner!! 😉

14ellouthnl
    Participant

The broadband is fine for general use in Louth but isn’t always good with dealing with video in HD. Sometimes at night one can play a You Tube video at 1080 ips with no problems but generally in the day if you want no breaks or buffering then you need to stay at 480.
    I use Plusnet which I believe is now a division of BT. Great price and service though.
    I believe I have heard that we in Louth are going to have to wait to the final roll out of super fast broadband in the county, which was originally going to be next year.
    I’m not a gamer so it’s not a problem. The BBC iPlayer usually works fine.
    Although I heard a County Councillor point out that super fast had been already rolled out along the coast as a priority for holidaymakers, I find that each time I go to enjoy the sea at Huttoft and at Sutton that there is no wi-fi at all. No mobile phone calls to disturb you – some people might regard that as heaven! That’s my penny’worth folks.

djrice

Well June has been and gone, with no fibre in Ruskington yet 🙁

The Openreach site is now saying September – oh well at least it’s still coming!!

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.